Hue Children's Shelter
We are currently supporting a children's shelter in Hue city that houses around 36 children. The children have no parents or have parents who are not in condition to take care of them. We provide support for their education, health care, food and many other living expenses.
Some of the key changes we have made since we began sponsoring the shelter include:
- Increasing the quantity and quality of food;
- Assisting nearly all of the children to enter mainstream education;
- Providing additional tutors and extra educational classes;
- Organising extra curricular activities, such as art and music classes;
- Providing the majority of core funding to the orphanage, along with financial accountability procedures;
- Providing international English teachers and social work students to the orphanage;
- And organising a range of summer activites, including participation in our Swimming for Safety programme.
What has this meant for the orphanage?
- Issues of malnutrition have been combated;
- Many of the students are now acheiving the expected academic results for their age groups, and some are even within the top quarter of their classes;
- The home is now a stable and safe place for children to grow up in;
- And furnishings and resources for a new library in our brand new building.
To find out more, please follow this link: http://www.huehelp.org/hue-childrens-shelter/
Nutritious food including rice, fruit and vegetables, for one child, for 5 days.
We can arrange visits to the shelter throughout most of the year, but we will need to know at least 2-3 days in advance. Visitors can first come to our office (7.30- 11.30am; 1.30- 5pm) at 140 Ta Quang Buu in the old city, which is about a 10 minute taxi ride from the centre of town. Please contact [email protected] if you are interested in arranging a visit.
What To Bring
Books, fruit, stationery, clothes and shoes are always welcome
Do you like what this project is doing? Add a comment and share your review with others. Sign In now to review and comment.No reviews yet. Be the first one to review