United Action for Children
United Action for Children (UAC) is a community based Non-Governmental Organisation based in Buea, South West Region, Cameroon. The closest large main city is Douala.
UAC is a non-profit, philanthropic, and non-political organization. It commits itself to the development of a caring and sustaining society for children and young people. The organisation was created in 1996 in response to concerns about children’s education and development in the South West Region and Cameroon in general.With the help of local staff and international volunteers, UAC has grown substantially over the past few years. UAC currently runs many successful programs that have great impact on Buea and Mamfe’s children and the surrounding communities.UAC’s primary goal is to develop an enabling environment for the effective growth and development of children and young people through innovative programs.
The Organization’s growth and activities are shaped by the following objectives:
- To offer a secured and stable environment for children and youths.
- To enable/motivate parents and teachers take an active role in child development.
- To help rectify problems existing in the local educational system.
- To address the issue of school dropout and failure.
- Contribute to the eradication of poverty through quality and functional education.
- To introduce an alternative approach to education in Cameroon.
- To offer quality and affordable nursery and primary education to orphans and vulnerable children.
- To prevent rural exodus by building a strong community.
- Use Sports to mobilise children and young people channel their energy towards productive initiatives.
With US$5 we can buy pens/pencils for children.
Contact the United Action for Children Head Office. It is opposite the Enamen Pharmacy, Molyko, Buea (South West Region)
What To Bring
Didactic materials - pens, pencils, coloured pencils, erasers, sharpeners. Toys, soccer balls, camera, tooth brushes, tooth paste, teaching aids, clothes for children, office supplies, used cell phones, video camera etc.
Do you like what this project is doing? Add a comment and share your review with others. Sign In now to review and comment.No reviews yet. Be the first one to review